October 08, 2009

Welcome to the part-time haven!


Hello part-timers!

I have decided that there are just too many other people like me out there running from one side of the city to the other in order to fulfill the various part-time/temporary jobs they have.

As for myself, I came back to the recessive US economy after 5 years in a country where the economy is permanently in recession...Spain. There I was lucky enough to be hired at an international franchise called Gymboree after my first ever official interview. However, in NYC, the capital of commerce, it seems like that luck is not lending me a helping hand.

I guess after graduating from university, we (all my fellow high school graduates) expected to find the full-time "awesome job of our dreams" and be able to move out of our parents house. Ironically, after having left the nest during a significant amount of time to study, the majority of us have been forced back to sharing our private lives with the family.

Now, there are certain perks and pouts to this:
your roommates don't steal your food yet your sibling may have eaten it all by the time you come around to cooking it; you don't have to pay rent yet everyone is all up in your business when you bring a girl or boy over; you don't have to argue about who's going to buy the next pack of toilet paper anymore yet they bathroom is always busy when everyone is getting ready in the morning.
Of course there are many more so please feel free to post any of your experiences...

As I was walking on the street with a friend of mine one day, I met MonkeyMan. He has been there with me through the first two months back in the US and has somehow managed to help me out way more than my B.A. in Arts.

Photos and explanations will be up shortly.

1 comment:

  1. indeed... moving back in with the folks takes some getting used to!

    not paying rent is the major perk for me, but being under the authority of a parent after years of independence is castrating!!

    ReplyDelete